Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some things are simpler single

Yesterday I attended a press day with W Network host Candice Olson, and, as is often the case this time of year, talk turned to the holidays and various to-do lists.

I was able to proudly brag that I had mailed my holiday cards en route, and had finished up my shopping the day before!

Of course, everyone in the room turned and said, "Oh, I hate you! How do you do that!"

So, I replied, that, while I'm generally super organized, I was finding it way easier this year. When asked why, I had to fess up, laughing, and say, "Well, I'm recently divorced, so I've got half the shopping list, half the to-dos and half the people to wrangle this year!"

Shocked silence, for a beat or two, followed by everyone joining me in laughter.

Guess that's one way to minimize the holiday stress ...

No comments:

Post a Comment